Operation Humanity's Peace Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Humanity's Peace Forum is the best way to connect active socially conscious student leaders in Ontario. It's an opportunity to discuss pressing global issues and review what we've done as students and how others can start doing the same.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

READ! : Posting for an Idea

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Christine_Ackerley
Admin

READ! : Posting for an Idea Empty
PostSubject: READ! : Posting for an Idea   READ! : Posting for an Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Welcome to Operation Humanity's Peace Forum!

This section is used for requests for event ideas. If you plan on running an event or need an idea for an event, check this section out!

When posting in this forum, it is important you are specific in your questions and requests. You should always try to post your questions with as much information as possible. A good model can be seen below:

Example Request

Quote :

City: Whitby
School: Sinclair Secondary School
Group: Sinclair Student Parliament
Goal: Fundraising for the Free the Children Foundation

Hi, I am a Grade 12 student at Sinclair and a member of my student council. Last week we were talking about the creation of an event that could raise money for the Free the Children Foundation. We also discussed the importance of highlighting the issue of AIDS / HIV in Sub-Saharan Africa. We have a very large population at my school.

Example Response

Quote :
AIDS / HIV is a very important issue. We've been talking a lot about it at my own school in Oshawa and last year we ran a very successful fundraiser for UNICEF that also helped spread awareness for the disease. We decided to run a student music concert that surrounded this issue and used our school's jazz band, choir and independent student bands.

The event ran for one night from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm. We ran auditions for student bands a few weeks in advance and spoke to our jazz band and choir teacher to have them play at our event too. We posted posters around the school and make a radio advertisement that went over the announcements the week of the event. It was so easy to make in our Communications Technology class. We choose our class clown to be the event's MC and everyone really seemed to have a good time. The concert took place in our cafeteria and we charged a minimum of a three dollar donation to attend. My geography teacher supervised the event and our school had our Technology Club set up the speakers.

Also, we made sure we had plenty of food to sell during the night, which made us even more donation money. I was up baking the night before for hours! Bake sales really work when you run them with other events.

Feel free to message me for more information!

Following these models will ensure everyone gets as much help as they can!
Back to top Go down
https://operationhumanity.forumotion.com

READ! : Posting for an Idea
Page 1 of 1